Monday, August 20, 2012

The Week of all Weeks!–August 13, 2012

Ever had that feeling that you've been through almost everything life can throw at you, then out of the blue life keeps coming at you? That is basically the week I've had. Things like: using the worst toilet in Africa, having it snow on me, getting a speeding ticket, and having Elder Bangerter leave! It's always an adventure in my life. I guess it's a good thing that stuff happens, because if it didn't, life would be extremely boring. I've taken Dad's motto of “Just grin and bear it" to heart.

I should start from the beginning of my week of wild. We went out to a township that is called Tesitsi (tee yet see). It's no more than a metal shack town with no power or running water. We were teaching a wonderful father about the gospel of Jesus Christ, when deep within me my body yelled BATHROOM NOW! This was a hard thing, because the toilet out here is an outhouse which is , we can say, a bit below a five star restroom. It didn't matter though; I needed to go so bad. So I braved it, and now I can say I'm a veteran :) Not to mention a chicken trying to come in and join me was kind of funny. I was smart though, I placed toilet paper in our trunk for just an emergency. Needless to say the whole community and my companions laughed to see a white guy run to an outhouse.

The next thing happened at our Zone Conference. We were just released for lunch when we noticed the it was a blizzard outside! You heard me right, a blizzard! There was snow in Africa! I even had a snowball fight with Elder Fagg, who nailed me right in the face! It was so unbelievable! It hasn't snowed here since 1981! How lucky am I? I'll send pictures to prove it all! It made me feel as if I was home, even though I heard it was like 100 plus back that side!

Then the downfall of my week was being asked to drive back to our area after district meeting. We were all in our car filled to the brim going down a large hill. I was asked a question about home and my mind left thought of our speed. Low and behold there was a speed trap at the bottom of the hill of doom. I was caught! I was charged with a 600R ticket, which is like 75$. For going 16Ks over, this is like 9 miles over. This has really worried me and destroyed my joy for the last three days. I've tried to live in my means, but now that is blown out of the water! It really sucks when life throws you a curve ball when you don't expect it. Luckily, the officer said that if I go to the police station, they most likely will reduce the fine or get rid of it because I'm a missionary from the states. So pray for me.

Finally, FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST! My dear companion, Elder Bangater, left yesterday with his parents to go tour SA. It was weird, because I was more excited for his parents to come than he was. Is that a bad thing?! Plus it freaked me out when we first met up with them. When we got out of the car there was no rush to each other, no tears, really no hugs, emotionless. I was thinking in my head “now I see where it all comes from." I was also thinking, if this was my family, I would never let them go and it would be a huge thing to be together not what I saw yesterday’s event. So for the rest of the day after church we visited a lot of people, Elder Palmer and I felt like bodyguards the whole time. It was a moloungue (white person) parade! Then after a few pictures he was gone. Needless to say there was a lot of partying between me and Palmer!

I'm sad to hear about ash. She was a wonderful cat and was a part of our family. I have no doubt we'll see her again soon :) I'm glad to hear that Jacob and Jill are rocking it down in Arizona :) I'm sure it's a mad house that side :) Mom and Dad, congrats on your anniversary of 21 years :) I can say that those years have been amazing and full of love:) Then again I don't know about that first year, but since I came out of it I’m guessing it was full of love as well :) LOL!

I'm doing really well, besides my financial problems. The work is still moving and I see miracles everyday around me. As a missionary you are truly in the service of God, but you also become more of a man than anything I could do now at this time in my life:) I love you all soooooo much:) Stay happy and good luck with school starting soon:) Stay tight and happy!

Love your Son and Brother,
Elder Jack Forrest Dalton
ALWAYS FORWARD SOUTH AFRICA!

IMAG0512IMAG0513IMAG0514IMAG0517IMAG0518IMAG0522IMAG0523IMAG0524IMAG0527IMAG0529IMAG0537IMAG0538IMAG0539IMAG0541

So the little boy is named Sibosiso (see bow see so), then me in the snow with palmer and elder jenkins my old companion:)

IMAG0550IMAG0551IMAG0552IMAG0556IMAG0557IMAG0559

No comments:

Post a Comment