Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Strikes, Temple, and Cancellations–October 8, 2012


I love to see that you went out booing recently:) That brings me a lot of fun memories of Jacob and I running like crazy:) Man, I miss that:) Sad to say they don't celebrate Halloween here in Africa. That's not going to stop me, I can't wait to boo some missionaries down here especially after a week like this. It's been full of strikes and with people canceling all of our appointments. If you've ever tried to catch water with your hands, it was like us trying to hold appointments, nearly impossible. It's a been a very crazy week for us and the entire Zone.

Well, I want to start off with the best part of my week:) The Johannesburg Temple. Our zone was the first to get the blessings of returning to the temple since it was closed for 2 months for repairs. I have a great testimony of temples and the work that is performed in them. There is no better place were you get so close to feeling like you are in Heavenly Father's presence. It's a place were my whole soul felt the peace and repairing that mission trails cause. It was so beautiful to sit, ponder, and pray over my life. For a moment as I was thinking of home, I thought I felt Mom and Dad hugging me in the middle. Dad making the little jokes he makes and mom comforting like a mother does. Needless to say the temple brings me close to my family and secures me the hope that I will be with them for all eternity. Temples are the one of the best restored truths that have come threw the prophet Joseph Smith.

The rest of the week was just weird and out of control. We got word that the postal service is now again on strike and will make all of our post be coming late or might be lost. That made me very angry, because of my birthday package, we can hope. Then we got word that the gasoline truck drivers have gone on strike, this means a petrol strike. We now have t make sure our tank always has enough to make it back to the office and be careful never to run out. If both of these strikes keep up for a long time, it will cause major problems. Then we had appointments cancel in a way I have never seen. We had two days were all six appointments called in a row to cancel. When missionaries don't have people to teach, it's a messy scene. On Saturday I was freaking out, because all our appointments canceled, that never happens on a Saturday. My Ward missionary was worried by my reactions, but Elder Palmer just told him I was going through a Mid-Mission Crisis. I'm very blessed to have Elder Palmer, he understands me very well. He also makes us laugh in the hard times. Later we would remember that this week was a school Holiday and gave us many reasons why they canceled.

Anyway what I've learned about trails on mission and dry spots is keep going. I love when Dory from "Finding Nemo" sings Just Keep Swimming cause it's so true. I know that Life was never meant to be easy. We knew this before we came down here and we knew that it would be hard. The hard times are a perfecting time and ones that humble us for the better ones. It's the hardest advice to get when your struggling, but the best to move you. If your going through a difficult time and you feel like God has left you alone in a free fall, it's not true. It's actually the time he is the closest watching how you will react to the hardships. The only one that wants us to feel in a free fall is Satan, because he is in one himself. Never give up, know the hard times move on, and we are left with the strength because of it.

I love you all very much! Good Luck mom on my Birthday with running, I'm so proud of you:) Jill You serve like a pro! Your awesome. Jacob you look like a stud, keep representing. Dad I love you and don't worry too much, you taught me well:)

Love always your Son and Brother,
Elder Jack Forrest Dalton
ALWAYS FORWARD SOUTH AFRICA (Even when it's hard)

No comments:

Post a Comment