Monday, October 1, 2012

A Week of Sickness and News–October 1, 2012

Crazy to hear that Jacob is growing into the awesome man he is. Sounds like your all getting excited as well for General Conference, I get to watch it on my birthday weekend! That always makes me very trunky for home. This week has had my thoughts towards home a lot. I've been really sick for most of it and have struggled with motivation to push through it for the work. My theme of this week has been one I used when I was training for mission, "The weakness is in the flesh!" It's been like that all week, finding out that it's also happened to many of our branch. It's just been a low week in Africa.

Don't be too worried or sad, we still worked miracles and had many adventures. This week we got 8 new solid investigators, all are really progressing forward. Each have problems or small testimonies about this gospel and church. Many have already been placed on date for baptism and keep every commitment we leave. It makes me very excited for the work here and even more grateful to be staying. That's right, I'll be here in Katlehong with Elder Palmer at least another six weeks having me possibly leaving in November! When we found out we would stay together to celebrate our birthdays, it was like watching two little school girls jumping around in circles screaming their heads off. It's a blessing to us.
The major thing that happened this week was the attempted hijacking of the Vosloorus missionaries car on Saturday night. We got a call close to the end of the night telling us we had an emergency. They had been driving when a taxi cut them off and another two did the same from behind with men getting out throwing beer bottles at the windshield, they were able to drive away 3 times before getting stuck at a dead end. They then locked their doors, took the keys, and jumped a wall to hide in a man's house. Later our zone leaders, President Omer, and us went and got the boys from a police station. The car was found beaten and was able to get back to us by the end of the night. It was a crazy night for all of us and one that we'll remember.

I love you all very much and I'm excited to hear of a birthday package:) Thank you so much for it. I'm sorry there isn't anymore I have to write I was too sick all week, which means a lot of time at our flat with me passed out. Hope this next week goes well:)

Love your Son and Brother,
Elder Jack F Dalton
ALWAYS FORWARD SOUTH AFRICA
(Hope you love the pictures:)

No comments:

Post a Comment