Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Witbank, my love!–Feb. 17, 2013

Sounds to me that you all are still doing the same back at home. I'm glad to hear that you all are moving forward to be the best that you can. Tell Jacob that he shouldn't spend his money too fast:) Tell Jillian not to worry to much about the draw, take the advice that Dad gave me " Be prepared for both out comes"! Jill I'll keep you in my prayers:) Mom it sounds to me like your the Big boss lately, I hope they know what they have. I swear that your business only runs so smooth, because of you:) Not only do you hold them together, but also the family. Dad I'm glad to hear/ read your writing, it makes me feel very calm headed like it'll be okay:)

So this week was my Hump week and now I'm officially over a year in the service of my Lord. I was expecting some crazy cool thing to happen, a way cool light show, or maybe evolve like a Pokémon does . . . nothing. Still it's a very sweet time to think I've made it this far and now I know I can make it:) I will agree with you that time does pass very very quickly to a missionary. A week seems like a day, a month a week, and a year a month. I felt a sense of pride and emotion as I read journal entries from a year ago, much of it came from my readings of a few days before I left home just hanging out with all of you. I understand the joy in record keeping now.

For this new and last year of my mission I want to improve myself in every way a person can improve. I want to be a better man and missionary. I have written out my goals and given myself a new sense of trying to commit. I really want to work towards at the end of my mission looking back with a proud sacrifice given. I want that fulfillment of a successful mission given and many lives changed. I want to be "Always Forward Elder Dalton".

This week has been a good one. We've gotten two more investigators, one of them being a father lead family. The first one was a referral from a member, his name is Odon. Odon comes from the Congo and wants God in his life, but he wants only the truth to set him on the right path. This man has been through a lot in his life and is very cautious when we teach. I'm glad that he is, because he wants to pray over everything we give him. The other is a white Father of a less active wife. His name is Reinheart and they are a young couple that we are trying to help come together with the gospel. This guy loves his family so much, his wife and daughter are his entire world. Our first visit was very nice, but a little awkward cause we didn't want to come on too strong to scare him off. We simply talked about the importance of family and family prayer. As we went on talking the barriers melted down and we joked a little. It went so well that they invited us for a Braai next visit:) A true sign that a Afrikaans enjoys you is he invites you to braai with him. We both are really hoping to make it good with them.

The rest of the week went on as normal until the end. Saturday we went out to our other Father to give a lot of service. I've never mowed so much grass in my life for one house. It was so much fun to be out there with his whole family and to be fed twice! We even took out his pellet gun and practiced shooting. He was very impressed by my ability to shoot, I hit a bottle cap from 30 meters and a bird on a wire from 50 meters. I will admit I was amazed at my skill too. The only thing that was bad was I got extremely sun burnt. My face was as red as a tomato and arms roasted sticks. It was so bad that I couldn't get to church, but passed out.

All is okay now, because of a loving branch. As soon as they heard I was down, they all call to see if there was something they could do. We were brought tons of drinks and creams for me. Then they even brought us dinner to our flat! If that is not a sign of love for their missionaries I don't know what is! I told Elder Meyers That we must be doing something right!

Four liters of PowerAde and some aloe cream later, I'm fine. My arms are all back to normal and my face isn't killing me any more. I'm glad to hear from you all and now think it's cool that I'll see you in less than 365 days:)

With much love

Your Son and Brother,

Elder Jack Forrest Dalton
ALWAYS FORWARD SOUTH AFRICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment