Thursday, July 19, 2012

From the Ghetto to the Township–July 9, 2012

Dear Family,
This week has been very bitter sweet for me in a lot of ways. I had the feeling that I would leave and it is true. I know that you all are wondering what will happen to me so I should start off by telling you what's what. At our district meeting on Friday we had transfer predictions, everyone thought I would be sent to Botswana. Except it looks like the Lord has another plan for his "Elder Bumba". Later that night I got a call from president Omer telling me that he had a special assignment for me to do. He said I would be sent into an area that is being whitewashed, meaning both missionaries are being taken out because something bad happened there, and it would be our duty to try and keep it alive. The other thing was that I would get a companion who would be leaving me at five weeks to go home, so he asked if I could handle the area on my own with such a short time. I told him I would do anything he asked me to do, I thought of 1 Nephi 3:7. I was actually very honored to have this challenge, I can't wait to see what happens as I put my hand to the plow.

The week was very good and we continued to tear it up. We ate again at the area 70, Elder Soares the one from this conference, and had Brazilian food. Dad it was called some thing like Vass-you-ada with a drink call Gaurana. Let me know if you had it. The rest of the week went on, Saturday Elder Jenkins and I tore it up on the b ball court and I've never made so many baskets in my life. We just kept chucking our luck up to companionship unity!!!! It was a blast.
Yesterday, Everyone at church was very upset to hear that I would be leaving. And they all were more mad at the fact that it was such short notice too. They all wanted to feed us like crazy and our two nights are totally booked up. Later we were fed and had a lemon fight with some lemon trees in the member's yard. I then remembered that Elder Jenkins had played baseball and could really throw! ouch! It was all loads of fun and a blast. I finished the night by seeing my African Family the Masetes. They were all very sad and fed us so much. I took a lot of pictures and will try to send them. It was that moment were it really hit me how much I love my area and the people I serve here in Jozi central. I thank my Heavenly Father so much for these people and placing me here. I have found Zion in Africa.

Dad, sounds like your really keeping up on the healthy way of living! Keep going! The hardest thing to do while you loose weight is endure to the end. Remember that dad, to endure to the end ,just like you do in the gospel. Make sure you have a goal ahead of you to look forward. That goal will pull you out of the thoughts of giving up! I know you can do it dad! your superman anyways on the inside, so complete it on the outside!!

Mom, there isn't much to say besides your beautiful and amazing! period! Can't tell you more! Just remember to be easy on yourself and do the things that make you the happiest, like spending time with your kids, I'll try to be there but I can't make any promises, lol :) Just be happy mama:)

Jill and Jacob, eish! you two are awesome as well! Jacob it's scary to hear you'll be dating soon. That's too crazy homie! Just remember looking at the fire is fine, but once you play with it you'll get burned. you'll be fine I know just remember, YOUR A DALTON! So represent Son! Jill it's okay to stay going a little boy crazy, just remember they are dumb and that a temple marriage is were it's at! Never settle for less and you also remember YOUR A DALTON, more importantly your a female Dalton, a bit more valuable. I love you two so much, remember that:)
As for me, I'm very well and very happy. I can't wait for another adventure and meeting new people. You will now have a reason to look forward to next Monday to find out who and where I am. That will be fun to talk about:) Keep writing and sending pics:) I love you all!

Love your Son and Brother,
Elder Jack Forrest Dalton
ALWAYS FORWARD SOUTH AFRICA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment