Monday, July 23, 2012

God Tries Our Patience To Try Our Faith–July 23, 2012

Dear Family,

I have never seen more miracles on my mission than in my area of Katlehong. I have witnessed the Lord and his mercy extended to everyone and caused hearts to change. Seeing what I have seen, I could never deny that Heavenly Father is exists for he watches all that we do. I heard a cool saying for people in hard times thinking that God doesn't hear our prayers, " The Teacher is always quiet when a test is given." God lets hard things happen to watch us and see if we can move through them with Faith or failure with sin. It's hard with faith, but great blessings come from hard work. That is what I've noticed from this week.

Katlehong is a blessed area full of great potential, but just needs the work to push it along to get it to work. Elder Bangater and I have set to this work with a running start! We've been visiting our Less Active members and investigators with such a zeal that the spirit hits them like a brick wall!! We've been talking with our wonderful Branch President to make plans in reactivations and repair to his branch. Our focus is to reactivate, before we continue too much on conversions. We are starting with strengthening the priesthood and motivating them to take care of their part of the vineyard. To let you know how bad it is, our elders quorum is less active and the members that attend church the most is old go gos and small children.

The most part of our week has been very challenging. I almost killed my companion and caused him to be sent home for medical reasons, but i prayed so hard not to and be able to get over it. I've learned that many people don't think how what they say will be taken, but I got over it and just had patience through hardships of canceled appointments, drunks causing fights, and communication problems. It's all worth it in the end.

My blessings came at the end of our week. The first Sunday I was here we had 1 investigator at church and 2 less actives. This Sunday we had 13 investigators at church and 6 less actives, the place was packed. Also the branch have become really friendly to me and all know me to be Elder Bumba! They all say I\m just like Elder Fagg and that is a good thing! I was told that I'm a crazy missionary, and that's what the branch needs. We also had a baptism this Sunday which was powerful! So, Heavenly Father knows what is going on in our lives and will bless us when the time is right. The biggest blessing of the week was getting my new companion Elder Palmer who is in the same group as me. We even traveled to mission together and are extremely alike. He got his appendix taken out and then was placed with us to be with me for a long while. We picked him up today and I know now that God is blessing me for my patience and hard work. I can't thank him enough. So it will be a threesome for awhile, but then down to just us. I'm very excited about it!

If anything is learned from this week it's, obedience was never meant to be easy, but the blessings that come from it all are worth it! I still love mission and can't believe I'm almost at six months. The church is true and God truly loves us all. I love all of you very much! Keep pushing through the hard times and enjoy the good times!

Love your Son and Brother,
Elder Jack Dalton
ALWAYS FORWARD SOUTH AFRICA

No comments:

Post a Comment