Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tender Mercies! You’ve Gotta Love ‘Em–December 18, 2012

First off sorry for not getting a hold of you. Yesterday was a public holiday and all the email shops were closed. Please forgive me:)

This week has been the best among all the weeks in wonderful Witbank. We've gotten transfer news, had many braais, gotten many new investigators, and I even got my way awesome second package of doom! I've really needed a week like this and with all this happening it shows me too look at how nice the area can be if you cherish the small blessings as much as the large. We can't cry when a small rain cloud enters our blue sky, but praise god for the sunshine we receive. I'm learning how to best take this lesson one day at a time.

So transfers is tomorrow and we found out that Elder Holman is going to a be a new Zone leader! He was so happy about that news, one because he's been a district leader for a year and I know second it's to finally be able to move after being here 6 months. I love cracking new jokes at him about being a Zone leader. I'm very happy to hear that he will be moving up and out, it really helps missionaries to move and keep it fresh. Myself nothing new, I wasn't called for anything besides my untold tittle of the rebuilder:) I'm glad that is the case, leadership can be hard and training really test your "faith" aka patience :) Still this transfer will be huge with half of our district and zone being swapped around. I'm excited.

With the news of Elder Holman leaving and the miracle of having a car we scheduled many appointments to visit members, this ended up with a braai almost every time. We first had a good time at our Branch Presidents house. We had a big one with every kind of cut of lamb and chicken. Afterward we had a ton of ice cream and cotton candy, he owns his own machine. Then we all decided to run it off by me teaching them to play capture the flag, we had a blast. Next we went out to the McDonald Farm, yes no pun intended, were we helped to unload 2 bulls, 6 sheep, and 12 very bad smelling pigs. I say bad because when they opened the doors to let them out, I was on the receiving end of the putrid aroma blast. I nearly died of that stench, it made me a man. Then of course we had a good old braai with tons of laughter. Most of our members are farmers and it's so much fun being around them. I could see Elder Holman enjoyed himself, most of the time it being his first time at people's homes.

There also came a few investigators too a pool of none. It showed me that you can still find water in the desert. We now have three investigators all potential priesthood holders. Two stay together and are best friends from Zimbabwe working security. They love the Book of Mormon and have a great desire to learn about us, they were referrals from members. The next is a member of the branch who was long excommunicated and is what you call a true Afrikaners! I'm a good six inches taller, but the man intimidates me at times. He has a large desire to come back and his family is all behind him. The wife pulled me aside at church and said take your time and really make sure he gets it, we don't want him to mess up again. To be honest I think the reason for his excommunication is he might have killed a guy! Still I like him.

There are also many members we've talked with that are preparing referrals for us, so hope is not lost.

Finally that package was freakin awesome!!!!!!! I got it yesterday after my district beat Elder Fagg's at soccer 2 to 0. When I got it I did my package dance and the contents made my night so much. I have to admit that the Zebra cakes were the first to go. Thank you so much for all of it, it was exactly what I wanted and I can't wait to set it all up today. I must say your all very good at putting a package together:) That was perfect! Whoever got the shirt for me is a champ, I nearly died laughing! Thank you so much, I felt your love from it:)

Well, I'm excited to Skype you in a week from now! Crazy, I never thought I'd make it to the second call home! It will be so good to hear your voices! I Love you all so much and wish you the best Christmas break ever!

Love your son and brother,

Elder Jack F Dalton

ALWAYS FORWARD WITBANK

No comments:

Post a Comment